2019-2020 City Council Goals
Grow Rosemount Encourage Business Growth and Address Public Amenity Needs
• AGGRESSIVELY pursue retail and commercial opportunities in existing and future development areas.
• CONTINUE partnership with third party retail marketer to increase successes in business attraction efforts.
• EXPAND housing, business, and employment opportunities City-wide, with emphasis on commencing Phase 1 at UMore Park, as well as opportunities in the Business Park.
• FINALIZE assessment of the community's recreational amenity needs and pursue projects accordingly, including the completion of previously scheduled park improvements.
• RESPOND to and consider implementation of the Municipal Facility Needs Assessment for future public facility needs.
Engage the Public Increase Civic Engagement Initiatives
• ENHANCE the City's marketing and social media efforts, including consideration of branding strategies to better promote and engage all stakeholders with accurate information.
• EXPAND upon existing engagement efforts (OpenGov, social media, etc.) and pursue additional technologies and best practices.
• INTRODUCE new opportunities to engage with all residents, including monthly Council open houses and other "pop-up" outreach efforts.
• OUTREACH to neighborhood associations, faith groups, and other opinion leaders to ensure City communications / strategies remain relevant.
Develop the Organization Attract, Retain, and Grow Employees
• BUILD a highly skilled workforce by providing professional development and training opportunities to staff.
• UTILIZE technology and partnerships to improve efficiencies and workloads.
• COMPLETE annual employee reviews to include discussions of employee growth and development goals.
• PURSUE succession planning and positional mentorship across all departments, specifically in areas of expected change.
2019-2020 Projects and Initiatives 2019-2020
• 2016 Initiate 2004 Development Framework for Downtown Rosemount Task Force study and “Next Steps”
• 2016 Engage business and residents for 2040 Comprehensive Guide Plan for downtown area
• 2016 Market updated hotel study to developers/investors to secure a actionable project
• 2016-2017 Engage a retail consultant with strong marketing resources to mine for market opportunities
• 2016-2019 Continue partnership and membership in regional marketing including but not limited to:
Greater MSP, DEED, Positively MN, Rosemount Business Council, Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce
• 2016-2019 Continue “Open for Business” outreach and virtual incubator for start-up and existing businesses
• 2016-2019 Continue annual business appreciation activities
• 2016-2019 Engage UMORE development group to accelerate job creation, business and residential development
• 2016-2019 Engage Business Park developer to accelerate job creation and business development view